At Codiance, we take pride in becoming extensions of our customers’ team to deliver Coding Brilliance; we believe that by understanding our customers’ problems first hand, we can better lend our expertise to delivering technology solutions that address the heart of their problems.
Through growth, we’re looking to expand our engineering team with the appointment of a software engineer to help us in our ambition.
Our software engineers are entrusted with the development of line-of-business software applications across a breadth of industries. We’re trusted to build the public facing websites for some UK’s universities along with inventory management tools for leading facilities providers.
If you’re an exceptional software engineer with a genuine passion for ensuring that the systems you develop address tangible problems, then we’d be interested in hearing from you.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify, develop, test and deliver robust and scalable technical solutions for Codiance’s customers, whilst producing appropriate documentation to support the longevity of our customer’s estates.
- Ensure that our technical solutions are secure, highly performing, extensible and maintainable.
- Promote and coach a strong culture of continuous improvement to increase efficiency, quality and reduction in development cycles.
- Demonstrate a strong ethos to professional development, exploring opportunities to develop existing skillsets and adopt new ones.
- Support the Principal Software Engineer in other tasks deemed necessary by the business.
- Provide support to the business in technical pre-sales related activities where required.
- Understand, recommend and plan for paths to technically evolve our client’s projects, providing actionable advice on changes to architecture and the introduction of technologies to their estate.
- C#/.Net Framework
- Entity Framework
- ASP.Net MVC or Blazor
- MS SQL Server
- NLog,SeriLog or a similar alternative
- CI/CDsystems configuration
- Asp.Net Web Forms
- Dependency Injection
Experience and qualifications
- 3+ years’ work experience
- 1+years working in a structured software development team
- A degree, preferably in a technical or business-related subject or experience in a similar role
- Be comfortable to lead a team of engineers and testers in the delivery of projects for Codiance’s customers.
- Train, mentor, coach and contribute to the professional development of Codiance’s engineering team.
What we offer
- Codiance is an ambitious company and we offer a commitment to employee development and growth.
- Hybrid Working
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Closed to clients over Christmas
- Cycle to work scheme
- New equipment
- A friendly experienced team
This is the only opening we have right now.
We’re always keen to speak to people about their exciting ideas.
Please get in touch for a friendly, no obligation conversation with one of our engineers.